twitter

26 July 2011

i have discovered greatness today.

We've lived in Nashville for exactly six months, three weeks and five days and the whole time I've been searching for a great radio station. I have to tell you, I've actually been shocked by the fact that there is no true oldies station... classic rock, yes; motown/50s pop-rock, no. This has been especially sad for me this summer since at home, we listen to nothing but WMXX-FM Kool 103 in the summer time. But I digress......

In browsing the various stations (half of which are, naturally, country) here in NashVegas, I have found a small handful that I enjoy, with one of them being Lightning 100. And that's where I made my "discovery." If you're not familiar with this station, they play some stuff you've heard before, but a lot of artists that are in no way mainstream get airplay here. And this is where I heard the Traveling Wildburys. Maybe it's a shame that I didn't know this collaboration ever existed, but hey... better late than never! I'm just thrilled that there was a moment in time when two of my all time favorite artists (Petty and Orbison) joined up with some other legendaries (Dylan, Lynn and Harrison) to create really great music. What's even better [for me] is that I know about it.

So what have I done with my new-found knowledge? I made a Pandora station, of course! It's greatness. You should give it a whirl!


No comments: