twitter

20 March 2009

spring

Well, today is the first day of spring. And with spring comes new beginnings. A few new things have come into my life recently; one of them being my involvement in a Tuesday night Bible Study with a small handful of some great friends. It's through this group that I have been given a straightforward opportunity to develop and express my thoughts on spirituality, religion, and really... in the most basic of terms, life. And the more I find myself thinking on these things, the more I feel I need to share. So. I'm going to start this thing back up as kind of a sounding board for anything, really... but most importantly for expressing and sharing the things I'm learning and contemplating.

Since I've been holding down my little office job over the past several months, I've had one of those spiral-bound page-a-day calendars. Most of the ones I have encountered in the past have verged on sugary-sweet or just down-right lame. But this one has, on occasion, prompted some fairly introspective points for me. Here's a thought for today:

"For though we have never yet seen God, when we love each other God lives in us and his love within us grows ever stronger." 1 John 4:12 tlb

Remember to love on each other, even strangers, so that we may show God and Christ to those around us.

Happy Spring!

No comments: